WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBER
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION INFO
LATEST UPDATE – New transit way-finding signs, fan maps and boarding process make getting home easier. Click here for details.
No matter how you plan to get to a Blue Bomber game at Investors Group Field, this website has all the details.
To get started, click on one of the bars below to find out where to park, get dropped off and when and where to hop on a transit bus or a Park & Ride etc.
You can also click on this interactive map. The easiest way to navigate the map is to click the ON and OFF buttons on the left hand side of the page. This will highlight the entry and exit routes, parking lots and services you’d like to know more about.
Top 8 questions
- Where can I park?
ON CAMPUS PAID PARKING:
There are 5,000 paid parking spots on campus for Blue Bomber fans. The best way to get a spot is to buy a parking pass in advance.
Single game passes are available for purchase until 5:00 p.m. the day before each game. They can be purchased directly from the South Ticket Office at Investors Group Field at $20 each, while supplies last.
Cash parking will also be offered on campus on game days, at $20 each, but will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, while quantities last.
Coming up Chancellor Mathewson Road to Investors Group Field?
Look for this sign to help guide you.
Click photo for larger view.
Coming up University Crescent to Investors Group Field?
Look for this sign to help guide you.
Click photo for larger view.
If you plan to park on campus, please:
- Hang your pass from your rear view mirror before coming on campus to help speed up the parking process;
- Enter and exit the campus using the street marked on your pass;
- Watch for signage and parking attendants to help direct you;
U Lot Parking
For a quick printout guide on the three ways you can exit U Lot, click here.
If you are parking in U Lot for the first ten minutes or so after the game, you will be directed to turn right out of the south exit onto Dafoe\Innovation, to Research Road and onto Chancellor Matheson and then west to Pembina Highway.
After the majority of pedestrians have streamed out of the stadium, you will be given the option to turn either right or left out of U Lot. The right hand turn, as described above, will take you to westbound Chancellor Matheson while the left hand turn will take you onto northbound University Crescent then Pembina Highway north.
Based on lighter traffic patterns exiting University Crescent to date, we hope this second option onto University Crescent will help improve exiting time for fans parked in this location.
OFF CAMPUS PARKING “BOOSTERS”:
Blue Bomber fans can also park along Pembina Highway in lots offered by area businesses. Rates will be set by each business so prices may vary. Lots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis at:
- Cambrian Credit Union - 60 Bison Drive
- Corpell’s Water - 2627 Pembina Highway
- Ecole St. Avila - 633 Patricia Avenue
- Giant Tiger - 2195 Pembina Highway
- Grace Christian Church - 50 Barnes Street
- Manitoba Public Insurance - 15 Barnes Street
- Markham Professional Centre - 2265 Pembina Highway
- Old Office Depot - 1845 Pembina Highway
- Pembina Hotel “The Pemby” - 1011 Pembina Highway
- Pembina Strip Mall (Shapes) - 1910 Pembina Highway
- Prairie Chiropractic - 2567 Pembina Highway
- Safeway - 2155 Pembina Highway
- Victoiria General Hospital (designated event parking area) - 2340 Pembina Highway
- How do I get there by bus?
Enhanced “Fan Fare” Transit Services:
- A fleet of over 180 buses will transport fans via a significantly enhanced “Fan Fare” transit and Park & Ride program;
- Both services are free by showing a game-day ticket;
- Starting at 10:00 a.m. on November 2, fans will be able to catch any regular transit bus at no charge;
Fans should note that traditional Blue & Gold routes will not operate in order to enhance the number of regular buses running to the new stadium, with particular emphasis on:
- Route 60 Pembina
- Route 75 Crosstown E
- Route 78 Crosstown W
- Route 160
- Route 161, the University Super Express.
- Service starts at 11:30 a.m. on November 2;
- Free by showing your game day ticket;
- Buses will depart as they fill;
- Service drops off in front of Investors Group Field;
- Proudly supported by Manitoba Public Insurance.
For a map of Park & Ride locations and routes, click here.
Park & Ride locations:
- Assiniboia Downs, 3975 Portage Avenue - 300 stalls
- Club Regent Casino, 1425 Regent Avenue West - 500 stalls
- Garden City Shopping Center, 2305 McPhillips Street - 100 stalls
- Kildonan Place Shopping Center, 1555 Regent Avenue West - 100 stalls
- McPhillips Station Casino, 484 McPhillips Street - 500 stalls
- Manitoba Hydro, 820 Taylor Avenue - 500 stalls
- Public Works Yard in St. Vital, 590 St Anne's Road - 200 stalls (please note - this has changed from previous game days.)
- St. Norbert Hotel/Farmer's Market, 3540 Pembina Highway - 200 stalls
- How do I leave by bus?
• Easy to locate way-finding signs outside each of the four main stadium gates to help fans find Park & Ride, Fan Fare & Shuttle bus loading areas
Click photo for larger view.
• On-street way-finding signage along Chancellor Matheson with all bus routes clearly marked
• Improved bus boarding locations and staging of stand-by buses
• Transit supervisors on site to assist with boarding
• A new downloadable Fan Map (click here and please share!)
• Map hand-outs when fans board Park & Ride buses
• Map hand-outs when Fan Fare fans get off buses at stadium
• In-game promotion on HD screens to promote large fan map posters which will be located in all washrooms
Transit users are reminded to take note that some Park & Ride route numbers have been changed.
- How does the “Running Back Shuttle” work?
The Running Back Shuttle is a special transit service that will make multiple rounds near Booster parking lots prior to the game - picking up and dropping off Blue Bomber fans right in front of the stadium.
The shuttle will make three northbound stops along Pembina Highway at Markham, Thatcher, and University Crescent and is free by showing your Blue Bomber ticket.
To see the shuttle route and stops, click here.
After the game, catch the Route 160 bus in front of the stadium to return to Pembina Highway. To view the locations of the Route 160 buses, click here for a downloadable map.
- Are there drop-off areas?
Regular drop-offs: Please enter the campus via University Crescent and stay in the left lane to Dysart Road. Circle onto Sidney Smith Street then travel to Sifton Road where you will drop off Blue Bomber fans. Exit the campus on University Crescent. Signage and/or attendants will help direct you to this drop-off area.
Accessible drop-offs: For those fans requiring an accessible drop-off location, enter the campus through Chancellor Matheson Road and continue to RH Way where you will then be directed to the Cangene lot adjacent to the U lot. After dropping off, vehicles will then leave campus by turning right onto Innovation Drive and then right onto Research Road before exiting via Chancellor Matheson.
Following the game, fans will be picked up in the same location but traffic must flow from Chancellor Matheson Road, right onto Research Road and left onto Innovation Drive to RH Way as this will help ease traffic flow from those leaving the game. You will then exit campus the same way.
Signage and/or attendants will help direct you to this drop-off area.
Click here for the interactive map.
- Is there a bike valet?
If you’re looking for the best parking spot at Investors Group Field, it’s the new, secure and monitored Bike Valet, created in partnership with Bicycle Valet Winnipeg and proudly supported by Manitoba Public Insurance.
The Bike Valet offers free parking for about 450 bikes and is located at the north gate of Investors Group Field. Click here for map.
It is the perfect option for environmentally and fitness conscious Blue Bomber fans. Overflow bike racks are located around the perimeter of the stadium and throughout the campus but they are not monitored. Cyclists are encouraged to use a bike light if traveling in the dark after an evening Blue Bomber game.
For more information on Bicycle Valet Winnipeg, click here.
- Is accessible parking and Handi-Transit available?
A limited number of accessible parking passes may be available for sale but they must be requested in advance of the Blue Bomber game. To qualify, Blue Bomber fans must first have a valid disabled parking permit. To request accessible parking, call the Blue Bomber office at 204.784.7448.
For Blue Bomber fans using Handi-Transit services, the new stadium offers a convenient drop off and pick up location on westbound Chancellor Matheson adjacent to the transit terminal. Blue Bomber fans can access the stadium through Gate 1 while Handi-Transit vehicles can wait in the driveway of the old Bisons stadium on westbound Chancellor.
To view the interactive map, click here.
- Are there restricted streets and parking lots?
Yes. Designed to minimize disruption for the University and surrounding neighbourhoods, parking will be restricted:
• In University Heights and Fort Richmond;
• Along all major streets leading into the stadium;
• In University lots reserved for staff and students.
Signage, attendants and security will help direct traffic. Vehicles parked in restricted zones, bus lanes, or blocking driveways will be ticketed and towed.
Click here to view the restricted areas.
Enjoy the Event!
For further information, please contact the Winnipeg Football Club at email@example.com