PAUL McCARTNEY CONCERT
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION INFO
No matter how you plan to get to the Paul McCartney concert at Investors Group Field, this website has all the details.
To get started, click on one of the bars below to find out where to park, get dropped off or when and where to hop on a transit bus or a Park & Ride etc.
You can also click on this interactive map. The easiest way to navigate the map is to click the ON and OFF buttons on the left hand side of the page. This will highlight the entry and exit routes, parking lots and services you’d like to know more about.
Top 8 questions
- Where can I park?
ON CAMPUS PAID PARKING:
There are 5,000 paid parking spots on campus for concert goers. The best way to get a spot is to buy a parking pass in advance. Passes are available for purchase until close of business on Sunday, August 11th at all Manitoba Ticketmaster retail outlets, via ticketmaster.ca or by calling 1.855.985.5000, while supplies last. Passes purchased via phone or internet must be picked up from a Manitoba retail Ticketmaster outlet before heading to the concert!
If you buy an advance parking pass, please:
• Enter and exit the campus using the street marked on your pass;
• Hang your pass from your rear view mirror before coming on campus to help speed up the parking process;
• Watch for signage and parking attendants to help direct you.
OFF CAMPUS PARKING “BOOSTERS”:
Concert goers can also park along Pembina Highway in lots offered by area businesses. Rates will be set by each business so prices may vary. Lots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis at:
• Cambrian Credit Union - 60 Bison Drive
• Corpell’s Water - 2627 Pembina Highway
• Ecole St. Avila - 633 Patricia Avenue
• Grace Christian Church - 50 Barnes Street
• Manitoba Public Insurance - 15 Barnes Street
• Markham Professional Centre - 2265 Pembina Highway
• Old Office Depot - 1845 Pembina Highway
• Pembina Hotel (The Pemby) - 1011 Pembina Highway
• Pembina Strip Mall (Shapes) - 1910 Pembina Highway
• Safeway - 2155 Pembina Highway
• Giant Tiger - 2195 Pembina Highway
• Prairie Chiropractic Centre - 2567 Pembina Highway
- Are there drop-off areas?
Regular drop-offs: Please enter the campus via University Crescent and stay in the left lane to Dysart Road. Circle onto Sidney Smith Street then travel to Sifton Road where you will drop off concert goers. Exit the campus on University Crescent. Signage and/or attendants will help direct you to this drop-off area.
Accessible drop-offs: For those requiring an accessible drop-off location, enter the campus through Chancellor Matheson Road and continue to RH Way where you will then be directed to the Cangene lot adjacent to the U lot. After dropping off, vehicles will then leave campus by turning right onto Innovation Drive and then right onto Research Road before exiting via Chancellor Matheson.
Following the concert, fans will be picked up in the same location but traffic must flow from Chancellor Matheson Road, right onto Research Road and left onto Innovation Drive to RH Way as this will help ease traffic flow from those leaving the concert. You will then exit campus the same way.
Signage and/or attendants will help direct you to this drop-off area.
Click here for the interactive map.
- How do I get to the concert by bus?
Enhanced “Fan Fare” Transit Services:
• A fleet of over 180 buses will transport concert goers via a significantly enhanced “Fan Fare” transit and Park & Ride program;
• Both services are free by showing a concert ticket;
• Starting at 5:00 p.m., concert goers will be able to catch any regular transit bus at no charge;
• Fans should note that traditional Blue & Gold routes will not operate in order to enhance the number of regular buses running to the new stadium, with particular emphasis on:
- Route 60 Pembina
- Route 75 Crosstown E
- Route 78 Crosstown W
- Route 160
- Route 161, the University Super Express.
For transit routes and times, click here.
For a map of transit routes where extra buses will be added, click here.
To use the Winnipeg Transit Navigo Trip Planner, click here.
Park & Ride service:
• Service starts at 5:30 p.m.;
• Free by showing your game day ticket;
• Buses will depart as they fill;
• Service drops off in front of Investors Group Field;
• Proudly supported by Manitoba Public Insurance.
For a map of Park & Ride locations and routes, click here.
Park & Ride locations:
• Assiniboia Downs, 3975 Portage Avenue - 300 stalls
• Club Regent Casino, 1425 Regent Avenue West - 500 stalls
• Garden City Shopping Center, 2305 McPhillips Street - 100 stalls
• Kildonan Place Shopping Center, 1555 Regent Avenue West - 100 stalls
• McPhillips Station Casino, 484 McPhillips Street - 500 stalls
• Manitoba Hydro, 820 Taylor Avenue - 500 stalls
• St. Norbert Hotel/Farmer's Market, 3540 Pembina Highway - 200 stalls
• St. Vital Centennial Arena, 580 St Anne's Road - 200 stalls
- How does the “Running Back Shuttle” work?
The Running Back Shuttle will run from the Stadium in a clockwise loop, west on Chancellor Matheson, north on Pembina, and south on University Crescent back to the stadium. The Running Back Shuttle will begin operating at 5:30pm and will operate every 5 minutes. Note – the last Running Back shuttle will arrive at Investors Group Field 10 minutes after the start of the concert and will not operate after the concert. Catch extra route 160 service on Chancellor Matheson after the concert to get back to Pembina Highway. Buses will run west on Chancellor Matheson and north on Pembina making all stops between Investors Group Field and Downtown.
The Running Back Shuttle is free by showing your concert ticket.
To see the shuttle route and stops, click here.
- How do I leave the concert by bus?
• Easy to locate way-finding signs outside each of the four main stadium gates to help you find Park & Ride, Fan Fare & Shuttle bus loading areas (click here to view a way-finding sign)
• On-street way-finding signage along Chancellor Matheson with all bus routes clearly marked
• Improved bus boarding locations and staging of stand-by buses
• A downloadable Map (click here and please share!)
- Is there a bike valet?
If you’re looking for the best parking spot at Investors Group Field, it’s the new, secure and monitored Bike Valet, created in partnership with Bicycle Valet Winnipeg and proudly supported by Manitoba Public Insurance.
The Bike Valet offers free parking for about 450 bikes and is located at the north gate of Investors Group Field. Click here for map.
It is the perfect option for environmentally and fitness conscious fans. Overflow bike racks are located around the perimeter of the stadium and throughout the campus but they are not monitored.
For more information on Bicycle Valet Winnipeg, click here.
- Is accessible parking and Handi-Transit available?
A limited number of accessible parking passes may be available for sale but they must be requested in advance of the concert. To qualify, concert goers must first have a valid disabled parking permit. To request accessible parking, call the Blue Bomber office at 204.784.7448.
For concert goers using Handi-Transit services, the new stadium offers a convenient drop off and pick up location on westbound Chancellor Matheson adjacent to the transit terminal. Fans can access the stadium through Gate 1 while Handi-Transit vehicles can wait in the driveway of the old Bisons stadium on westbound Chancellor.
To view the interactive map, click here.
- Are there restricted streets and parking lots?
Yes. Designed to minimize disruption for the University and surrounding neighbourhoods, parking will be restricted:
• In University Heights and Fort Richmond;
• Along all major streets leading into the stadium;
• In University lots reserved for staff and students.
Signage, attendants and security will help direct traffic. Vehicles parked in restricted zones, bus lanes, or blocking driveways will be ticketed and towed.
Click here to view the restricted areas.
Enjoy the Event!
For further information, please contact the Winnipeg Football Club at email@example.com